Thursday, September 11, 2008

Seven Years Ago Today

Seven years ago today the United States of America was attacked by 19 terrorists who supported their extreme reglious views of bringing down not only the western world, but of establishing a distored view of the 10th century of Muslim domanice for the entire planet.

I think back to what I was doing that day. I ad just got up and was going throught he usual morning routine of shaving, etc. The tv was on in the bedroom and I lisiten to the Today show go on about how a airliner had hit the World Trade Center tower. I came back into the bedroom in time to witness the second jet hit the other tower.

What this country went though for the next week was amazing. For me, not seeing ANY contrails in the sky at all was unnerving. Now and then, I would see a military jet or a Aero-Care medical helicopter flying. But no civilian or general aviation aircraft in the air at all really distrubed me to no end. Now, my radio control model airplane club would still go out to the flying site and we would fly our models, but; it wasn't the same. I was born into a century where manned flight was taken for normal. All of a sudden, the only things flying was birds and models.

No comments: