We are now starting to get some pictures from the next Captain America movie that will be coming out in 2014. The one picture included with this post appears to show Two new Helicarriers (hull #s 42 and 65) in drydock.
These appear to be 'improved' versions of the one that we saw in the 2012 Avengers movie in that the four side fans appear to be fixed in place. No more raisng/lowering the side fans when the ship is in the ocean. Deck layout still appears to be the same. Top angle flight deck is for landing and the lower, straight deck is for take-offs. These new Helicarriers also appear to show some extra power for lifting off. Repusor (ala Ironman) technology?
Background information is that Tony Stark/Stark Industries built the huge flying ships for the extra-governmental intelligence and defense agency known as S.H.I.E.L.D. (Strategic Homeland Intervention, Enforcement and Logistics Division).
1. Marvel Movies wikia website. (http://marvel-movies.wikia.com/wiki/File:Helicarriers.png).
2. image (original helicarrier) (http://marvel.wikia.com/S.H.I.E.L.D._Helicarrier).
3. image of hull # 64(from The Avengers) (http://marvel-movies.wikia.com/wiki/File:S.H.I.E.L.D.Helicarrier.jpg).
4. image, control deck of hull# 64. (http://marvel-movies.wikia.com/wiki/The_Avengers_(film)/Gallery).
5. WIRED article. "Physics of the New SHIELD Helicarrier" by Rhett Allain. October 29, 2013. (http://www.wired.com/wiredscience/2013/10/physics-of-the-new-shield-helicarrier/). And previous article dated 07/09/2012 (http://www.wired.com/wiredscience/2012/07/could-s-h-i-e-l-d-helicarrier-fly/).
6. Helicarrier takes a Nosedive! (http://www.movieweb.com/news/6-things-we-cant-wait-to-see-in-captain-america-the-winter-soldier).
I have been a life long fanatic for aviation and space related subjects since my parents took me out to a airshow when I was four or five years old.
Solo in a Cessna 150/152 in college, but never was able to get my Private Pilot's license. Love to fly whenever I get a chance to. Until recently, I was into radio control model airplanes. Had to sell them off due to current fincial times.
As for UFOS, I have seen them since the 7th grade. But I haven't witness any more since I turned 30 something - or paid attention enough to see them I should say.
After the Death of Barney Hill, Betty was returning home one night from visiting his grave and she looked up into the night time sky to see a light getting bigger and bigger.
For more details, please read the excellant book CAPTURED! by Stanton T. Friedman, MSc., and Kathleen Marden. This particular encounter one must read directly.
As for the drawing itself, it is done in pencil in a regualr size 8 x 11 size sketchbook. I have been meeaning to post this for months now and finally got around to scanning it and uploading it to the blog on May 29, 2009.